After my project in the U.S. ended, I returned back to India. Now, my former H1B employer would like me to do some work on a new U.S. project from my home in India. Do I need to get a new H1B approved first?


As a general rule, U.S. immigration law does not apply if the individual is not physically in the United States. So, there normally would be no need to apply for any type of U.S. work authorization if you are going to be working outside the U.S.; this applies even if your employer is located in the U.S. (12.Sep.2019)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2019, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.