My H1B change of employer was approved, and I am about to travel abroad for a few weeks. My visa stamp, issued through my previous employer, expires in 3 months. Can I still use that visa?


Generally speaking, the H1B visa foil (i.e., “stamp”) remains valid, even if the person moves to a different employer. Typically, as long as the visa is still unexpired at the time one requests admission to the U.S., the CBP officer at the port of entry can admit the person through the validity period of the approved H1B petition. (25.Sep.2019)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2019, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.