When I entered on my B-1/B-2 visa, I was admitted for six months. I am going to be taking a short trip to Canada and then come back to the U.S. Will I be granted an additional six months when I come back in?


The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer at the port of entry has the discretion to readmit a B-1/B-2 visitor for an additional 6 months. In many cases, however, the person is readmitted only for the remaining validity of the I-94 issued prior to the trip to Canada. (09.Oct.2019)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2019, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.