My H1B extension has been pending for a few months, and is beyond the “receipt date for a case inquiry” posted on the USCIS website. I asked my employer to check with the USCIS on the case, but they would like to give it more time. Can I contact USCIS to check on the case?


Generally speaking, only the petitioning employer or the employer’s legal representative may submit a case inquiry to the USCIS for a pending H1B petition. (09.Jan.2020)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2020, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.