I am in H1B status, but my wife is finishing school in India. She has a B-1/B-2 visa in her passport. Can she use this to visit me? Or does she need to get an H-4 visa?


Normally, if a person has a valid B-1/B-2 visa, she could use this to request admission in order to visit her H1B spouse in the U.S. (11.Mar.2020)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2020, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.