My H-4 change of status application is currently pending with the USCIS. Can I apply for an H-4 EAD now, or do I need to wait for the H-4 to be approved?


Assuming you otherwise qualify for an H-4 EAD, it generally is possible to apply for the EAD while a change of status to H-4 is pending.


Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2020, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.