I am in India and my H1B petition was approved, but I have not yet been able to get my visa stamp. Can I start working for the U.S. employer while I am still in India?


Even without an H1B approval, if a person is not physically in the United States, U.S. immigration law would not normally prevent that person from performing work for  a U.S. company.  (12.Nov.2020)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2020, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.