My employer is filing my H1B extension, but because of the new DOL rule, the prevailing wage has jumped up by about $30,000! My employer is not able to pay this amount. Are there any other options?


One option may be to use an alternate wage survey. DOL regulations have long provided employers with the option to use an alternate wage survey, so long as certain requirements are met. (19.Nov.2020)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2020, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved


Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.