I was recently laid off from my job and am looking for a new employer. I am supposed to travel for a short trip to Canada. Can I travel and then return on H1B before the end of my 60-day grace period?


No, once a person departs the U.S, it generally would not be possible to return during one’s grace period. In order to return in H1B status, one would need a valid job offer and H1B petition. (16.Dec.2020)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2020, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.