I have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and an MBA from a U.S. university. My employer submitted an H1B registration for me and listed that I am eligible for the master’s cap. However, the position requires a computer science degree, not an MBA. Is that ok?


To qualify for the master’s cap, one must have a master’s degree or higher from a qualifying U.S. university. This applies, even if you will not be using that degree to qualify for the H1B position. (25.Mar.2021)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2021, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.