I am in H1B status and have an approved I-140. My son, who is 15 years old, is in H-4 status. He would like to take a summer job. Is he able to obtain an H-4 EAD?


Unfortunately, no. The H-4 EAD program can only be used by H-4 spouses. H-4 children are not eligible to apply for the H-4 EAD.  (27.May.2021)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2021, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.