An employer in the U.S. filed an H1B cap case for me several months ago. At the time it was filed, I was living in India, and the employer asked for the consulate in Hyderabad to be notified if the petition is approved. Now, the petition has been approved, but I am working in Singapore. Can I get my H1B visa stamping done at the U.S. embassy in Singapore?


Generally speaking, if the local consulate allows for third country nationals to apply, it is possible to apply for a visa at a consulate different from the one listed on the initial petition. (28.Oct.2021)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2021, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.