I am residing in Canada, but have an H1B job offer within driving distance. Can I live in Canada and commute to the U.S. each day to work in the H1B position?


Yes, this is a fairly common situation. U.S. immigration law does not prohibit a person from residing in Canada (or Mexico) and regularly commuting to the U.S. to work in H1B status. (18.Nov.2021)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2021, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.