I am currently in the U.S. in H1B status. My visa stamp expired, and I need to travel. I am not able to get an appointment in India for several months. Is it possible to apply for a new visa stamp from within U.S.?


No. Ordinarily, there is no means of applying for a visa from within the United States.  (19.Jan.2022)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here.

Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2022, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.