I am trying to file an I-765 form to apply for an H-4 EAD. The instructions on the USCIS website state that I should file the case with the Dallas Lockbox if my husband’s H1B receipt number starts with EAC or LIN, and to file with the Phoenix Lockbox if it starts with WAC or SRC. However, my husband’s receipt starts with IOE. Where should I file the application?


Yes, we have run across this same issue. This appears to be an oversight by the USCIS, and we have not yet received formal guidance on where such I-765 applications should be filed. You could try filing based on the service center where the H1B is pending, but there is no guarantee that the application would be accepted. We are hoping the USCIS will update its website in the near future to address this oversight. (17.Feb.2022)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2022, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.