I am on H1B status and have an advance parole (AP) document based on my pending I-485. I do not have an H1B visa stamp. If I travel abroad and enter on AP, can I maintain my H1B status?


Ordinarily, if a person enters using AP, that individual is not considered to be in H1B status.  (17.Mar.2022)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2022, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.