I have an approved H1B through 2024. My spouse is being transferred to Australia for one year, and I plan on accompanying her and working for the U.S. company remotely. When I return on H1B next year, is there anything special I need to do? Can I still use the same approval notice and visa?


Assuming you will be coming back to work for the same employer in the same position, it generally would be fine to use the existing petition and visa. There is nothing special that you need to do. As a precaution, however, it may be a good idea to carry an updated letter from the U.S. employer to confirm the H1B position is still available. (30.Mar.2022)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2022, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.