My employer filed an EB2 case for me, and I have a 2021 priority date. Given that I was born in India, it appears I will have to wait a very long time for a green card. I have a child with a medical condition and obtaining a green card would be especially helpful to provide him with more long-term stability regarding medical care. Is it possible to request that USCIS expedite my case?


Although there is a process for requesting that a petition be expedited, this would be for the USCIS to adjudicate a particular case. Unfortunately, the USCIS cannot “expedite” a priority date becoming current. (05.Oct.2022)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2022, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.