I was laid off from my H1B position last month and I have since returned to my home country. I just found a new employer willing to file an H1B for me. Once the petition is approved, can I use my existing H1B visa stamp, or do I need to get a new one with the current employer’s name?


If the existing H1B visa “stamp” in your passport is still valid, it normally is permissible to use that visa and the new employer’s approved petition to request admission in H1B status. (23.Nov.2022)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2022, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.