I work for a small company on H1B. The company likely will be acquired and merged into a much larger company in a few months. Will the larger entity need to file an H1B for me?


In most circumstances, if the acquiring entity assumes all liabilities of the H1B petition and continues to maintain the public access file, no H1B petition / amendment is needed. An authorized official of the new entity should prepare a notarized statement expressly assuming all liabilities relating to certified labor condition applications (LCAs) filed by the original entity and place a copy of this statement in each H1B public access file. (21.Jun.2023)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2023, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.