I just renewed my passport. My H1B visa is stamped in my old passport. Can I transfer the visa to my new passport?


You can’t transfer the visa to the new passport. Typically, however, so long as the visa in the old passport is not damaged, you may present both the new passport and the H1B visa in the old passport (along with the approved H1B petition) to request admission in H1B status.  (06.Jul.2023)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2023, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.