I recently renewed my passport. The tourist visa stamp in my old passport does not expire until 2027. Is there a way to transfer that visa stamp to my new passport?


It ordinarily is not possible to transfer a visa “stamp” from one passport to another. However, an unexpired B-1/B-2 visa in an expired passport normally can be presented at the port of entry along with one’s new passport to request admission in B-1/B-2 status. (07.Sep.2023)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2023, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.