If I move to a different state on H1B, do we need to file an amendment, or can we just file a new LCA?


Ordinarily, if an H1B worker is moving to a work location outside of the MSA or reasonable commuting distance of the location/s indicated in the previous petition and LCA, an H1B amendment is required. And, to file the H1B amendment, the employer must first obtain an LCA. (14.Sep.2023)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2023, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.