I was issued a B-1/B-2 visa several years ago, when I needed to come for a business trip. The visa was issued for 10 years. I now wish to come to the U.S. to attend a wedding. Can I use the same visa, or do I need to reapply?


Generally speaking, as long as the B-1/B-2 visa remains valid, it may be used to request admission for any valid B-1 or B-2 purpose. This applies even if the reason for admission is unrelated to the reason the visa was initially requested. And, in general, attending a wedding would be considered a valid activity while in B-2 status. (15.Nov.2023)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2023, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.