I was attending school in F-1 status, and then applied for a change of status to H-4. Do I have to remain enrolled in school until the change of status is approved?


Ordinarily, it is permissible to stay in the U.S. based upon a pending application to change to H-4 status, assuming the person was in valid status at the time of filing. There would typically be no requirement that the person remain enrolled in school while waiting for the H-4 to be approved. (22.Nov.2023)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2023, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.