My H-4 and H-4 EAD have expired and my extensions are pending. Is it true that I am allowed to continue to work for up to 180 days?


Unfortunately, if both your I-94 and EAD have expired, you are not allowed to work based on the pending extension. The 180-day extension only applies if the EAD extension is timely filed and the H-4 spouse’s I-94 remains valid. (20.Dec.2023)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2023, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.