I am applying for an H1B job that requires at least a bachelor’s in computer science. I have a master’s degree in computer science, but my bachelor’s is in an unrelated field. Is that okay?


Yes, this should be fine. Since a master’s degree is a more advanced level of education than a bachelor’s degree, that master’s degree in computer science can be used to qualify for an H1B position requiring only a bachelor’s degree. (24.Jan.2024)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2024, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.