Three years ago, I got a green card through my U.S. citizen wife. I am now filing an N-400 application to become a U.S. citizen. The form asks me to list all my travel outside the U.S. over the past 5 years. Is it ok to only list it for the past 3 years, since I am filing based on marriage to a U.S. citizen?


In the past, for clients who are filing N-400 applications based on marriage to a U.S. citizen, we have only listed travel for the past 3 years, and have not found this to be an issue. (28.Feb.2024)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2024, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.