A number of years ago, I worked for about 1 year in H1B status. I then worked in India for a couple of years and came back to the U.S. in L1B status. I now wish to move to a new employer, who is filing an H1B change-of-status petition for me. Can I begin working for them upon receipt?


No. In order to begin working based on a change of status from L-1 to H1B, one must wait for the H1B petition to be approved. (20.Mar.2024)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2024, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.