My STEM OPT extension currently is pending. I recently received a new job offer and would like to change employers. What do I have to do to move to the new employer?


If a student wishes to change employers when the STEM OPT application is pending, the student must report the change of employers to the DSO and provide the DSO with a new training plan (I-983 form) completed and signed by both the employer and the student. In the past, the student was required to file a new I-765 the USCIS. Fortunately, this is no longer required. (01.May.2024)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2024, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.