I have a bachelor’s degree in math and a master’s degree in computer science. I was working as an IT professional, based on my computer science degree. Given the downturn in the tech sector, though, I was considering a move to teaching. Can I apply for a teaching job that requires a degree in math, or do I have to rely on the same degree as the one I am using for my current position?


Assuming your math degree is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree in math, yes, that can be used to qualify for an H1B position.  (22.May.2024)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2024, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.