I am a Mexican citizen working as a mechanical engineer on a TN visa. My current job is coming to an end next month, but I received an offer for another mechanical engineer position. Do I have to go back to a consular post in Mexico to apply?


No. In order to apply for a change in employer as a TN worker, the employer may file a petition with the USCIS, or, if the TN visa in your passport is still valid, it typically is possible to apply in person at a U.S. port of entry. (12.Jun.2024)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2024, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.