Can I travel abroad while my I-485 is pending before I receive my AP document?


People are allowed to travel on H1B, H-4, L-1, or L-2 (as well as advance parole) without disrupting the pending I-485. If any other status is held, travel should wait for the AP. (16.Nov.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.