I am on H1B. Is there any way to have my mother accompany me to the U.S. as my dependent?


One’s mother would not be eligible for H-4 status, but it may be possible to obtain extended B-2 status as a “household member.” Please see the MurthyDotCom NewsBrief, B-2 Visas for Household Members of Long-Term Nonimmigrants (05.Dec.2016). (23.Apr.2018)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2018, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.