Can I live in Canada, but work in the U.S. in H1B status? I would travel to the job every morning, and then return to Canada after work.


One can be employed in H1B status by an U.S. company, and reside in Canada. This is sometimes referred to as a “commuter” H1B. It is uncommon, but not unheard of. (05.Nov.2018)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2018, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.