I filed an application to change status from H1B to H-4, and the application is still pending. I just received a new job offer. Can I go back to H1B and start working in the new position?


If one’s H1B I-94 has not yet expired, this may be possible, depending upon the circumstances. However, this is a complex question, so one in this situation should talk to a qualified attorney for individualized advice. (07.Jan.2019)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2019, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.