I would like to attend a wedding in India, but my H-4 extension is still pending. Do I need to wait until it is approved before I travel?


In order to reenter in H-4 status, one generally would need a valid H-4 visa “stamp.” It would not be necessary to wait for the approval of the H-4 extension. To apply for an H-4 visa stamp (or be admitted in H-4 status based on an existing H-4 visa), one typically just needs to provide the principal spouse’s H1B approval. (10.Jul.2019)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2019, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.