While I was working for Company X, I gave my father a letter to support his B-2 visa application. I now moved to Company Y. Does he need to apply for a new visa?


No, your move to a different employer would not normally have any impact on your parent’s B-2 visa. Even if he submitted a letter of support from you when he applied, his B-2 visa would not typically be tied to you or your immigration status in the U.S. (04.Sep.2019).

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2019, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.