Do I have to be in the U.S. in order to apply for an H-4 EAD?


Ordinarily, yes, the dependent spouse must be in the U.S. at the time the H-4 EAD application is filed. After filing, however, one typically may travel abroad without impacting the pending EAD application. (26.Feb.2020)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2020, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.