I’m currently working on H1B visa and the extension got approved recently. My wife went for a short visit to India but couldn’t get her H-4 visa stamped in time before executive order. She has a B-2 visa in her passport. Is it possible for her to visit the U.S. using her B-2?


The executive order does not prevent a person from requesting admission in B-2 status. One in this situation would have to be able to convince the CBP officer at the U.S. port of entry that they are truly a “visitor,” with intention of staying beyond the 6-month admission. (01.Jul.2020)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2020, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.