My employer wishes to sponsor me for an L-1 position, but I am not able to get an appointment at the consulate. Can I enter on my B-1 visa and then apply for a change to L-1 status?


Generally speaking, a foreign national is not permitted to enter the U.S. on a B-1 visa with the intention of applying for a change of status. (30.Dec.2020)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2020, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.