I applied for a B-2 visa a few years ago to attend a wedding. The visa was approved, but I unexpectedly had to remain in India. I have yet to use the visa, but now wish to enter to visit my son in the U.S. Do I need to get a new B-2 visa?


In most cases, a B-2 (or B-1/B-2) visa is issued for 10 years with multiple reentries permitted. Assuming the visa is still valid, it typically can be used to request admission for any permissible B-2 activity (which includes visiting a relative).  (04.Feb.2021)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2021, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.