My husband is in the U.S. in H1B, and I am working from India for a U.S. employer. Can I apply for an H-4 EAD from India? Or do I have to be in the U.S. to apply?


In order to apply for an H-4 EAD, the foreign national generally must be physically in the U.S. Once the EAD application is filed, however, it typically is possible to travel abroad while the EAD application is pending.  (18.Feb.2021)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2021, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.