My wife is in the U.S. in H-4 status. I had been on H1B status, but suddenly had to travel overseas. My H1B visa stamp has expired. Can I return to the U.S. using my AP document?


If the principal spouse enters on advance parole, then typically the dependent spouse is no longer eligible to maintain valid H-4 status. (11.Nov.2021)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2021, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.