I have a B-1 visa in my passport. A company in the U.S. submitted an H1B registration for me. If the registration is selected, can I enter the U.S. on the B-1 so the employer can file the petition requesting a change of status?


Ordinarily, a person may not enter the U.S. in B-1 status with the intention of then applying for a change to H1B status.  (23.Mar.2022)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2022, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.