I am working based on my H-4 EAD, which expires in August. My EAD renewal is pending. I have to go home to India for several months. How long can I work from India for the U.S. employer? Do I have to stop working once the current EAD expires?


Ordinarily, if you are not physically in the United States, U.S. immigration law would not limit your ability to work for a U.S. employer. This would typically apply, regardless of whether the person has a valid EAD. (30.Jun.2022)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2022, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.