I am in H1B status and have an approved I-140. I recently got married in India and my wife is waiting for her appointment at the consulate to apply for an H-4 visa stamp. Can she apply for an H-4 EAD now, while she is still in India?


Typically, it is not permissible to apply for an H-4 EAD while the applicant is outside the United States. (12.Jan.2023)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2023, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.