I am in H1B status and my I-140 was just approved. My wife has been working for a U.S. company from India, and now wishes to apply for an H-4 EAD. Is it possible for her to apply from India?


Unfortunately, in order to apply for an H-4 EAD, the individual normally must be physically in the United States when the application is filed. It is, however, typically possible to leave the U.S. while the EAD application is pending. (24.May.2023)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2023, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.