I was in H1B status and then changed to H-4. I now wish to move back to H1B status. Once the change of status petition is filed, can I start working based on the receipt notice?


No. Ordinarily an H-4 dependent may not start working based on a pending H1B petition requesting a change of status. (28.Sep.2023)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2023, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.