My daughter is a high school student in H-4 status. She was offered a paid summer internship that would be great experience for when she applies for college. She asked the company if she could accept the internship without pay, but the company said they must pay her because of Department of Labor rules. Is there any way get an H-4 EAD?


Unfortunately, the H-4 EAD rule only applies for H-4 spouses. Regardless of the reason behind the request, the USCIS cannot approve an H-4 EAD application filed on behalf of an H-4 dependent child.  (17.Apr.2024)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2024, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.